The purpose of this notice is to explain to you:
- Who we are.
- How we use your personal and company information and why.
- What personal and company information we collect from you and how we collect it.
- Who we share your personal and company information with.
- What your rights are with regard to the information that we have about you and your company.
- How we safeguard your information.
- How long we store your information.
- Consent for processing of information.
- How to contact us.
This notice may change from time to time to accommodate changes in our business or services or if legal requirements change.
Who we are:
The Fruit Cube is a provider of office groceries. In this notice, "we", "our" and "us" refer to The Fruit Cube.
How we use your personal and company information and why:
We will only use your Personal and Company Information for the purpose for which we collect it as listed below:
- To enable you to place an order on our website
- To enable you to have access to your account and the features thereof if you have chosen to create one
- To send you newsletters and information on promotions, specials, products etc.
- To deliver your order to your office
- To send any relevant documents to you
- To analyse purchasing patterns so that we can best suit your needs
- To assist in resolving customer queries and complaints
- To select competition winners
- To improve our service offering
- Any other purpose relating to providing our service
- If we are required by law to use or disclose your personal information.
What personal and company information do we collect and how do we collect it:
- We collect personal information from you when you subscribe to any newsletters from us. The type of personal information that we collect includes your name, surname and email address. We may ask for further information once you have subscribed which you may choose to share if you wish to. This may include, but not be limited to, communication preferences and product preferences.
- We collect personal and company information from you when you create an account on our website. The type of information that we collect on creation of an account includes your name and surname, company name, contact numbers, email addresses, product preferences, billing details, delivery addresses and trade references. We may ask for further information once you have created your account which you may choose to share if you wish to. This may include, but not be limited to communication preferences and product preferences.
- We collect personal and company information from you when you enter any promotional competitions offered on our website or in our newsletters. The type of information that we collect includes, but is not limited to, your name and surname, telephone number, company details and your email address.
- We collect personal and company information from you when you choose to complete and submit a survey. The type of information that we collect includes, but is not limited to, your name and surname, telephone number and email address and any other information which you choose to supply in the survey.
- We collect personal information from you when you use our website. This is for registered and unregistered users. This information is used by Google Analytics to improve our users’ experience and to offer more content that is well-received. Like all websites, the type of personal information that we collect includes the URL you came from, IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your device is located, links you may click on, the web pages viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered on our website.
- We collect personal information from you when you choose to comment on any content on our website and when you choose to review any products. The type of personal information that we collect includes your name, email address, the order(s) that you placed, the products you purchased and your comments.
- We collect personal information from you when you contact our customer service team. We collect information that helps us to categorise your query and respond appropriately. The type of personal information that we collect includes your name, telephone number, email address, the order(s) that you placed and which products you purchased.
- We use a Facebook generated pixel on our website that tracks whether you are a Facebook user and have visited our website. We use this to create customer target audiences on Facebook.
- We do not collect or store any payment card details belonging to you or your company.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information of persons under the age of 18 without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you are under the age of 18 you must not provide personal information to us without the consent of your parents or guardians.
- We do not collect any Special Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
Who we share your information with:
We may share your personal and company information with third party service providers who are involved in the delivery of services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms. We may share your information with:
- Third party service providers as described above;
- Holding/Group company(ies)
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a legal duty or a right to disclose such personal information in terms of law or industry code; or
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
If the need arises, we may need to transfer your information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
What are your rights with regard to the information that we have about you and your company:
You have the right to:
- Ask what personal information we hold about you or your company;
- Ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal or company information;
- Unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you; and
- Object to us processing your personal information in any way.
Please contact us should you wish us to attend to any of the above:
How we safeguard your information:
The Fruit Cube does not store any payment card details.
While we have implemented reasonable security safeguards to protect the personal and company information we hold about you and your company as described above, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
In the event that we believe that the security of your information is compromised, we will seek to notify you of such a breach.
How long we store your information:
We will only retain your information for so long as we reasonably need to use it for the purposes set out in this notice unless a longer retention period is required by law.
Consent for processing of information:
By providing us with your personal and company information you consent to us processing and further processing your personal and company information as and when required, provided that we will always ensure that such processing is done in a lawful and legitimate manner and in line with this notice.
How to contact us:
If you have questions about this notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your information, please contact us at the following address: